- 2017 Membership Drive – Join us in supporting and connecting families of children with special needs in the Acton-Boxborough School District. Help us provide quality speakers and workshops for parents and teachers and plan social activities that bring families together. See our 2017 Membership Invitation letter for more details.
- Friends and AB SpEd PAC Present 2015-2016 Staff Recognition/Teaching Excellence Award – After careful review and discussion of parent feedback, we have selected ABRHS’s Nikki Jeanotte to receive this year’s Staff Recognition/Teaching Excellence Award. The feedback from multiple families painted a picture of an exceptionally kind, patient, talented, and dedicated educator who routinely goes out of her way to forge strong connections with students through genuine interest in their lives, unflagging individual attention and support, and encouragement and care not only for her students’ social, emotional, physical, and academic needs but for their families as well. Ms. Jeanotte is an exceptional teacher who has deeply touched the lives of her students, helping them build self-confidence as well as core emotional and academic competencies to prepare them for future successes in life.
- Friends and AB SpEd PAC Present First Teaching Excellence Award – In June of 2013 the AB SpEd PAC awarded retiring Gates 5th grade teacher, Monty Grob, with our first Teaching Excellence Award. Mr. Grob was an exceptional teacher who was deeply committed to the success of every student in his classroom. He put enormous effort and compassion into understanding how each individual child learned and ferreting out obstacles that got in the way of student learning. As a community we’re very grateful for the years he dedicated to educating our children. In addition to an engraved crystal award, over the summer the AB SpEd PAC installed a cast aluminum garden sign in Mr. Grob’s honor at Gates Elementary School to commemurate the wonderful, year round garden he created for students on the school property.
- Dr. Bostic’s Mental Health Presentation — On June 2nd, 2015, Dr. Jeffrey Bostic, assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and director of school psychiatry at Mass General Hospital, gave a presentation addressing the topic of mental health issues in children and teens. Click here to access the slides from his presentation: Building Better Brains at School.
- Dr. Gaab’s Dyslexia Presentation – On March 12th, 2014 Dr. Nadine Gaab from Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School gave a very engaging and informative presentation on the most recent research related to Dyslexia, reading acquisition and the brain development of children with Developmental Dyslexia. A link to Dr. Gaab’s presentation is included here. And a link to sign-up for Dr. Gaab’s research registry is here.
- Successful Bake Sale – We raised over $350 at our most recent bake sale on November 3rd.
Donate to the Friends of AB SpEd PAC, Ltd. to support and connect families of children with special needs in the Acton-Boxborough School District. Your donations will help us provide quality speakers and workshops for parents and teachers and plan social activities that bring families together.
Donate with PayPal or a major credit card:
- Or send a check payable to “Friends of AB SpEd PAC, Ltd.” to Kathleen Guinee at 25 Marshall Path, Acton, MA 01720.